Here’s the product page at Apple.
I was right. Large bezel.
This is a big shot across Amazon’s bow. I like my Kindle, but the color touch screen, as a reader alone, looks beautiful and like a better buying/syncing experience. It’s very thin and more than half the weight of a MacBook Air:
So where did I get it right and where did I get it wrong from yesterday’s post?
- They are going to introduce a tablet device tomorrow.
-Can’t really take any credit and should actually be dinged for not publishing predictions a month ago.
- Size: I’m going to guess a little larger than the Kindle 2 (Not the DX, the small one).
-Looks about right.
- Design: I think that the bezel is going to need to be larger than the mock ups I’ve seen. Holding a Kindle as a reader, a large bezel is a necessity.
-Right and feeling a little vindicated.
- The OS will be the iPhone/iPod Touch OS. Makes app management and selling content super slick and easy.
-Right and Steve Jobs made a huge point at the end that Apple is one of the only companies around that could deliver a device/experience like this.
- I’ll guess 32 GB of RAM.
-Right, but they are tiering the pricing and the RAM. 16 GB – 64 GB.
- I doubt they’ll introduce multiple sizes tomorrow.
-Right. Next year? iPad PRO.
- It’s still not going to help Marlo get enough nap time during the day. Have to wait on the next revision.
-Right. But didn’t want to be.
- It is going to smoke the Kindle.
-Oh hell yes.
- I’ll want one in the first 5 seconds, then not want, then want, then not. This will drive Heather crazy.
-I think she’s sold. She let me listen to the product announcement audio stream ON THE SPEAKERS and not the headphones. WIN.
What do you think? Overwhelmed? Underwhelmed?