I know these kinds of images are clichés for bloggers. However, every time I’m up in the air and I see something like this, I am compelled to do some things:
- Grab a camera, usually my phone
- While shooting, realize that flying is amazing and I shouldn’t take that for granted
- Take a moment to recognize that awe is a good thing and let it sit
- Realize that if any image captured from this moment is shared, there will be dismissiveness and likely disregard
- Recognize that this whole exercise isn’t about photography or art for its own sake; the moment is about recognizing beauty, including the emotional drive to share the moment by sharing the photo
- Recognize the amazing technology that enables all of this and be grateful to live in this time
Sure, it’s super squishy. But that’s what happens in my head when I have a window seat, a sunset and a cloud sea.