I’ve made some changes to the layout of the site. If it looks screwy, click your refresh button a lot.
Heather asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could take a crack at redesigning blurbomat. She did some awesome work to make the site three columns. I didn’t want to move too far away from the last iteration so this isn’t as much a redesign as it is an incremental design. Yes. I know. Very Web 2.0. Still, the fonts are larger and hopefully more readable. She’s an awesome designer and a blast to work with. Yes, I’m saying that to get in her pants, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Thank you, Heather!
I’m still working on some of the colors and spacing, so over the next few days you’ll probably see some minor tweaks here and there. The site is designed for at least a 1024×768 monitor resolution. Apologies if your screen size is below that.
I also took the opportunity to make some of the code a little more semantic. I’ve still got some work to do, so code nerds beware. I haven’t yet tried to validate, following a long tradition of seat of the pants live recoding. I’ll get to the archive pages after I publish this, so hopefully most of you won’t have to live through the pain of shite static pages.
As always, the site looks best in FIrefox and Safari, with IE 6 lagging in some of the CSS support.
This quick project was a welcome respite from awaiting news from plumbing contractors and wondering how in the hell we’re going to pay for a new sewer line without going into debt. More on the Sewer Nightmare™ later.