When Apple unleashed the latest update to Final Cut Pro X a couple of months ago, it was met with two basic responses:
1) It’s great that Apple is changing the video editing paradigm and going after a larger market than just professional video editors!
2) Are you shitting me? This is iMovie Plus or at best, Final Cut Express Deluxe. Dumbing down an app I use for business is going to send me to a competitor. I’m done.
And I was somewhere in the middle. People hate change, and I was willing to give this latest version of Final Cut Pro a chance. And another chance. And still more chances. It has not gone well. I’ve seen a lot of this window:
I wanted to share some of the “feedback” I’ve left Apple via the above Problem Report window that pops up whenever an application crashes. I should add that in my nine years of using Mac OS X, I’ve never seen as many of these as I have with Final Cut Pro X. It crashes all the time. My stages of grief using the software that has caused the world so much pain:
1. Helpful and in Complete Denial
2. With Humor and Some Denial
4. More Terse
7. Trying to Talk Myself Down With a Long-Winded Essay
8. Didn’t Work
9. Declaration of Independence
I hope this is helpful for others.