Sinking In

Still basking in the afterglow of the Obama election. Still happier than I’ve been in a long time about the state of the U.S., even with the economic bad news and tough times ahead. I felt this way in 1992 after Clinton got elected. However, I lived in Provo,...

2008 Vote

Feels really good. Note the provisional ballot status for voting early. Is this normal? Share...

Proud to Vote Democratic This Year

I’ve received a lot of email asking me to stop linking to those politicians I disagree with and to write more about the politicians with which I agree. I linked to an endorsement by The New Yorker and quoted a couple of paragraphs. That pretty much is exactly...

et tu, George F. Will?

George F. Will – Call Him John the Careless Via The gruber “From the invasion of Iraq to the selection of Sarah Palin, carelessness has characterized recent episodes of faux conservatism. Tuesday’s probable repudiation of the Republican Party will...

October Surprise?

Not sure if this qualifies as an actual October Surprise, but damn: Al-Qaeda Supporters Endorse McCain (Via email from reader Megan. Thanks!.) I think the real question is this: Is John McCain palling around with terrorists? Because if he is, there is no way I can not...

Better Than I Could

I’ve been working on a “why I like Obama for President” post for some time. It’s nowhere near this: The Choice: Comment: The New Yorker You’ve likely seen this link all over the internet. It’s really good. Best bits: “By...

Still Giving Her Too Much Credit

Palin is desperate. McCain is desparate. From the Washington Post: Dana Milbank – Unleashed, Palin Makes a Pit Bull Look Tame “Worse, Palin’s routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were...

The Morning After

I kind of feel like last night was like one of the Christmases you have as a kid where you didn’t get what you wanted, but you got some really good stuff that over time, you’ll be glad you got. Both Palin and Biden had some gaffes, some mispronunciations...

Interview: Obama & Biden on 60 Minutes

I still can’t believe the amount of support people are giving to the GOP ticket. Obviously, reality is something that many people are having a difficult time with. I know that there are those out there who would say the same thing about me. Let’s forget...

This is the Best Election Ever

Election Center 2008: Delegate Scorecard – Elections & Politics news from CNN.com For the first time in my life, I’m torn about my vote. This is an excellent election season. I love the pragmatism of Hillary and the idealism of Barack. Even the GOP is...