Vintage Detroit Iron

Vintage Detroit Iron

Saw this car parked behind a suburban professional building in Salt Lake City. Weird juxtaposition of doctors, dentists and this incapacitated Ford LTD. * * * I grew up with two Ford station wagons; one right after another. We used them like covered trucks for my...
Tilted

Tilted

This little thing was so tweaked that the depth of field couldn’t even get all of it in focus. I think it lends a bit of character. That and the encroaching shadow. Somewhere in the cobwebs of memory I remember a lecture or two about the symbolism of a character...
Left on Green Only

Left on Green Only

From almost a month ago. Stopped at the light. Grabbed the 5D. Boom. Didn’t know what I had until I pulled it onto the computer. I’m kind of liking the similarities between that style of shooting and the wait for film processing in the olde tymes....
See What the Day Brings

See What the Day Brings

The sun was rising a couple of Sundays ago and I hadn’t really had a jaw dropper sunrise since moving in. I’ve been trying to have the camera at my side all the time so I wouldn’t miss shots like this. I opened the drapes and saw this. Grabbed the...
Corinthian Capitol Capitals

Corinthian Capitol Capitals

I’ve shot a bunch of images of this building (Wikipedia, official site), but until looking at the images I captured through my 70-200mm lens, I’ve missed a bunch of the Neoclassicist detail. I can’t imagine the spectacle that this building was when...
Duomo

Duomo

This is the dome of the Utah State Capitol. The sun was setting and I wasn’t sure this one was going to turn out the way I saw it. I wanted to capture some drama as there was a storm coming in and the temperature was dropping. The only edits I made on this one...
Tilting

Tilting

These looked like remnants of last autumn. The bokeh behind them is a tree full of blooms. I couldn’t really get a good shot with both, but I wanted to in order portray the old and new. Cue Lion King soundtrack… Daily affirmation: Breathe deeply. Be okay...
Pops

Pops

Another one from the 70-200mm. Digging on the light and dark. The sun was so bright when I took this. As I type this, it’s rainy out. Normally, I’d be all over the rain. But I’m wanting sun sun sun. I’m trying to figure out the best way to...
Willow? Wilted?

Willow? Wilted?

I shot this in my mom’s backyard on Sunday, while Marlo slept and Leta regaled us with theories of how Schubert would never have happened if it wasn’t for Locke and Spinoza. Listen to the sublime early-Romanticism evidenced in this playlist: It’s...
Starting

Starting

Maybe it’s because I’ve been yearning for the sun, but this spring the blossoms have been gorgeous. Beauty. Yes, that’s a Bob & Doug/Strange Brew reference. Daily affirmation: Get it together. Share...