There are a couple of ways to see wings. Maybe more. This is a later shot from the same evening as this one. Yes, the clouds really got that orange.
Affirmation: Breathe. Listen. Love. Have simethicone on hand at all times until January 4th.
* * *
Key learnings from my Thanksgiving creamed onions exploration:
- More salt.
- Perfect amount of butter.
- Cream sauce not quite thick enough.
- Nutmeg: Nicely played.
- Needed yellow, not white onions (stronger flavor) and needed to cook substantially longer; too crunchy.
- Booker’s fueled cooking is fine. But the ratio math for recipe tweaking needed to happen before the pour.
- Panko: nice touch, just back off a bit on the amount and the browning.
- Roux schmoux.
I know this because I’ve had a couple of leftover servings. I survived, but I needed to record the key learnings. I only make the onions once a year. Maybe I need to change that.