Being without power and on a slower cafe connection means I can’t really live blog this like I’d hoped, but so far:
- Ringtones for iPhones. New iTunes looks really sweet for editing ringtones. I wish they’d let me build a playlist with custom fades and such. Haven’t caught if that is possible. Would make for awesome mix cds.
- Complete iPod line refresh. New everything. More as it develops…
- New iPod Shuffle colors
- New Nanos with 2″ 320×240 screens! $149 for 4gb, $199 for 8gb. Available this weekend in Apple Stores.
- New full size iPods at 80gb for $249 and 160gb for $349. Shipping today, in stores this weekend.
- New touch interface iPods! Thinner than iPhone (8mm according to Ars). 3″ screen. WiFi! 802.11b/g. Looks like it has Safari, one of the best features of the iPhone. You Tube as well. 8gb for $299, 16gb for $399. Shipping in a few weeks.
- Wifi iTunes store! Lets you preview and buy (finallllllly). Will work with iPhones as well (later this month). Partnership with Starbucks that will automatically popup a new button and let you buy whatever track is currently playing in the Starbucks where you are. When I worked at a digital agency in SF, we wanted this kind of device integration back in the late 90s for clients.
- 8gb iPhone now $399! Ha. The price of being first to the game. Looks like they are dropping the 4gb as people are overwhelmingly buying the 8gb.